Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School, Past and Future

My final has been graded and: I got an A! in Art History through the Fifteenth Century! I hope, one day, to teach children's art classes. I've been researching and saving my ideas, including unit study arts. For example, say fourth graders are studying the solar system. After an art lesson on composition, they are introduced to pastels and sketch their own planet, while listening to The Planets.
I registered for two classes for fall: Figure Drawing (stop laughing, Mom) and Art History, Renaissance through the Nineteenth Century.
And, yes, Kaith is still registered with Washington Virtual Academies (where are the supplies?). For Kindergarten, that will be ten hours a week. Let's see if Trevor and Miriam hate me for it.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Figure Drawing. Ha ha, he he, ho ho, nyuk, nyuk.

And to think that my last blog was complaining about "nakedish" beach volleyball Olympians.

Stephanie said...

That laughter was deliberate. I know it was!