Thursday, July 31, 2008

At Fantasy Fortress


On Wednesday we met some other families in our ward at the Fantasy Fortress playground. Because there were adults I knew and trusted present, I was only a little nervous about taking my little ones to the playground. Sterling enjoyed baby swing, and being carried around, Kaith pretended to be an ice cream man selling ice cream, Miriam and Trevor practiced sliding down the fire pole.
To my surprise, Trevor made a friend who is just his size. They spent about an hour together, climbing, sliding, and chattering cheerfully.
After two delightful hours at play, I decided it was time to go home. Sterling was the only one to calmly accept that decision. The others were so beligerent that I wondered if the outing was worth my new reputation as a kill-joy. Then I remembered that Trevor had made a new friend. Yes, it was worth it.


Sterling, who had spent so much time in arms at the park, decided that afternoon to crawl. He picked up and moved his right hand, then his right knee, then sat up.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Way to use the video.

Way to go Sterling.

It's always tough to tear kids away from fun. That's what mommies are for.

Stephanie said...

But I want to be the fun!