Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Little Mother

She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness . . . Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. -- Proverbs 31:27, 29

After lunch, Miriam curled up for a nap on the piano bench, with my shoe.

As usual, she's had a busy day, trying to walk in my footsteps: she voluntarily lays out the bowls and spoons for breakfast, pointed out that I sat down at the table without having gotten my breakfast (I was feeding Sterling first), got down the bag of chips and handed them out, was the first to the table for worksheet time, and so on. This evening, she put on her apron and stayed with me during dinner preparation, carrying vegetables, finding measuring spoons, measuring and tasting the peanut butter. Later she tried to open the Benadryl for Trevor and tried to feed peanut butter soup to Sterling.

I think she's dreaming of filling Mom's shoes.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Why is it that only the young, the very young, can sleep like that? She is adorable.