Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trevor's Primary Talk


Today Trevor gave a talk in Primary. I know Trevor. He could memorize his talks, but he refused to practice with me this week. So I fed him each succeeding phrase at the pulpit. Then Kaith volunteered to give a talk next Sunday on the same subject. I was quite annoyed at my having to write another Primary talk so soon, until I realized that Kaith can use the same talk. I doubt anyone will ticket us for it--the mike wasn't on today, anyway!



Trevor's Talk

My grown-up Uncle Nathan was a missionary. Now he plays with me. My grown-up Uncle Andrew used to play with me, but I had to say goodbye on Thursday, because now he’s a missionary. I won’t see him for two years because he will share the gospel in Japan. I am not a grown-up, but I still want to be a missionary.
On Sundays, I can wear church clothes. If the neighbors see me get in our van,, they will think I’m going to church. I can tell neighbors about the music, and the happy, smiling people at church. I can tell them that Jesus and I want to see them at church. If they come, they will feel the Holy Ghost and have a testimony, like me. I can be a missionary now, while I’m young.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Way to recycle. I look forward to hearing the talk(s).

Mad Runner said...

Very nice talk and speaking as a Primary President I whole heartedly endorse repitition in talks ... after all isn't it said that it is by repitition that children learn?

Cute pic too!

Stephen said...

Way to simplify your life.

I love the picture too. It is now my desktop background.

Stephanie said...

It was only with great coaxing that I got Trevor to put his tongue inside his mouth.