Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sustained

Such a friendly bishop. After a few weeks in the ward, we still hadn't met him, so he called us one weekday evening to bring the whole family to come meet with him. We went. He called me to be Ward Relief Society President. Seriously. He insists it was inspiration, not desperation, and we believe him. I got sustained last Sunday. The plethora of sisters who had never met me were very warm in their expressions of support and appreciation, which helped me feel more at ease. I've spent half my free time this week getting oriented in my calling. The other half I've spent putting the house in order. Fortunately that includes at least a little interior design, which I love. If this week is symbolic of the average busyness of my calling, our family can handle it, as long as God keeps helping.

No comments: