Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Swine Flu to All

The boys' school offered swine flu vaccines to all the students yesterday. Kaith bravely took his. Trevor declined. Either way, it may have been too late. Trevor was feverish and coughing starting yesterday evening. I've had a cough since Thursday, and Sterling has had a low-grade fever with a cough, so I wasn't overly pampering. This afternoon, with Trevor's temp. at 102.9*, Cory took him to the walk-in clinic. He called to inform me that Trevor had tested positive for swine flu. I asked if he was joking. He wasn't. The doctor prescribed medication for our whole family; Cory stocked up on popsicles and other beverages. Kaith stomached the medicine fine. Trevor and Miriam vomited within 5 minutes. Sterling vomited within about 5 seconds. Cory and I have adult capsules, which hasn't bothered us yet.
Nathan and Rebekah: our best wedding present to you was that we did not attend your wedding today. Have a healthy honeymoon.
Even though I have an extreme excuse for missing Church tomorrow, I feel bad missing my first full Sunday as Relief Society President.

3 comments:

AM Runner CA said...

Jim of all people got it at our house. The kids were mad that they had to get shots for it - made up for with ice cream - no barping (as Lily calls it) involved. Jim's has taken about three weeks and he is still not fully recovered. Happy Trails (or trials) my dear!

Stephen said...

Wish you the best. Hope you all get over it quickly.

Stephanie said...

Oooo. I hope we're not quarantined for three weeks. One was sounding okay-ish.