Sunday, November 16, 2008

Spotlight on Kaith

Someone caught Cory after Church today to rave about how bright Kaith is. It seems that in Primary they were appreciating people all over the world, and there were guests invited who could speak different languages. Brother K. said "Je suis enfant de Dieu," then asked the junior primary if anyone knew what that meant. Kaith raised his hand (that's the only part of this that surprises me) and said, "I am a child of God."
Last Sunday was the annual Sacrament Meeting program done by the children. Only five of the about fifty children had an individual speaking part at the microphone. Kaith (age 5) was the only one under the age of eight. Since he can barely read, he had to memorize his talk, which we had gone over dozens of times in the prior few weeks. My favorite was when we took turns in the backyard standing on the play tower and reciting it. Even two-year old Miriam took a turn and was able to say part of it.
On the actual day, Kaith was so burned out from memorizing that he had long pauses between sentences, which his teacher needed to prompt him out of. Even so, he was the most memorable part of the program.

Jesus Is My Rescue Hero
(Kaith's Talk)
I love rescue heroes! I love fire fighters, because they rescue us from fire. I love police officers, because they rescue us from villains.
But my favorite rescue hero of all is Jesus Christ.
We call him our Savior, because he saves us from death and the power of Satan.
Jesus saves us from the power of Satan by providing the atonement. He prayed for us in the Garden of Gethsemane and died on the cross, so our spirits can go back to heaven.
Jesus saves us from death by providing the resurrection. That means that after we die, our spirits can go back into our bodies, and we can go to heaven with them.
I bear my testimony that Jesus loves me, and he loves you!
I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Kaith was awesome in the program. Even better than the kid that yelled/sang really loud during every song.

Stephanie said...

Mom, did you leave a comment on my blog without switching users?

Debbie said...

yes...I didn't notice you had signed in....sorry.