Monday, May 4, 2009

Employed and Moving

For the few people who missed my mom's blog: Cory is now employed, with the Navy! He called me this afternoon from D.C., his voice dripping with jubilation . . . and the desire to nap. His hotel is on the same block as the Ford Theater, close to the Smithsonian and White House, but it was late enough when he finished up that I'm not sure he'll get to go sight-seeing.

Income is now accumulating, even though "Boot Camp" doesn't start until mid-September, but before you start thinking we don't have to move cross-country until October, let's keep in mind the school age children. It appears that elementary schools in that area start in August (too hot to play?). My biggest let-down is that the public elementary school with a drama program had an application deadline for the end of March. Oh, well. Maybe the next year.

So, house for sale. Hmm . . . I've been de-cluttering for months, could we be staged and ready by next Monday? We're having a little work party Saturday (okay, I haven't officially cleared this with Cory, but my adrenaline is ready).

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Moving is hard, but it's nice to have a job.

Congratulations!!!

Debbie said...

You'll have to make the most of this summer! Cory will have graduated...yea! no homework!!!

Mad Runner said...

Remember less is more in staging! A buyer should be able to picture their own things in the home.

Last time we did it we moved most of our stuff into storage - made a big difference.

Good luck!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the tip!

m_perfect said...

Congrats on employment! Even our brief sojourn in that area was yucky. Big move! Unless their moving you I wouldn't take anything that was in the least "iffy". There are wonderful places to get the things you need in the old South. You may be called upon to go on more than a few genealogical forays. Maybe that can be a class for your young'uns.
Best of luck!!!

Britta said...

Hey, I'm Christal Eccles' sister...don't know if you remember me. I was just browsing and read this post...my husband got laid off recently and is joining the air force this week...Small world! Moving doesn't sound that great but its an adventure that you'll never forget!