Friday, February 6, 2009

Cory's Blog

The peer pressure has sunk in . . . or maybe it's just having a little more down time . . . Cory has a blog. He asked me to wait until he had a couple posts before announcing to the world. He now does. All mathmaticians will think his joke is hilarious. It took me a moment to grasp it.
For those who may be in ignorance, the prominently featured airplane is a P-38 (which of course I recognize by now, ha ha).
The title of his blog?

Flying High on Life

So, job update (accurate as-of last night): six applications (different jobs) still pending at Boeing, the small helicopter company in Kent that sounded so positive hasn't re-contacted, the government aerospace jobs didn't reject his applications, but that might have been less insulting than what they did say.
It's trickier than one might think. Aerospace companies reject him because his engineering experience is more mechanical/production, while he's denied mechanical engineering jobs because his engineering degree is in aerospace. I'm starting to see why people take unpaid internships.
Meanwhile, I'm preparing for the possibility of selling the house this Spring. I spent hours with baking-soda water cleaning the walls, trim, and baseboard heater in the dining room. I have lots of little ideas that involve spending little or no money of things I can do to stage the house.

No comments: