Thursday, July 23, 2009

Adventures With Pizza Dough



I was stretching pizza dough Monday evening when the children came in, wanting to help. I gave each of them a crust and mat to work with wile I chopped the lunch meat to go on it (yes. lunch meat). Miriam and Trevor got out rolling pins and got to work. Miriam was excited when her dough rolled unevenly and looked like a hop-a-roo. Trevor must have gotten bored after finishing his rectangle, because next it was rolled up, then smooshed into a ball. When I looked again, he told me it was "grown up pizza." He had gotten a leftover packet of crushed red pepper from Little Caesars, opened it by himself, and smothered the bottom of the dough with it. His creativity did not end there, though. He partially flattened it again, then pressed letter cookie cutters on the top. He was very proud of his word pizza, although a little uncertain what it said.

1 comment:

m_perfect said...

Creativity that can be eaten is some of the best!