Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Livable Life

"How do I know he loves me?"

Cory shopped around online to find an attractive basket to hang on the wall near our computer (where we pay bills) to hold the bills in waiting. He also found an attractive magnet grocery pad that I've hung on the fridge. He may be able to help with the shopping as long as I have an active, up-to-date list. I think he's getting really good at guessing what I will think will look good, while still being functional.

The hope is that streamlining my life will make it more . . . well, livable. I will not live through last fall again. No time to exercise, not enough time to sleep, too much time sick, not enough down time by myself or with my family. Something has to give. I refuse to let it be my art school (I'll send my kids brick-and-mortar first, I will!), yet we're both unwilling to give up the children's virtual schooling, so we talked it out for an hour and came up with a few ideas to try before shipping the kids to the brick-and-mortar school two blocks away (if it wasn't for all the neighborhood halfway houses, it would be really easy to let Kaith walk himself to school by himself).

The dishwasher comes next week!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yea dishwasher!

When you and David (oh, and Nathan) were little I used to wish for a turn off button.

Katie Phillips said...

Ooooo, a dishwasher! I haven't used one for so long that over Thanksgiving I was helping my Aunt with the dishes and almost forgot how to get everything going! Congratulations!