Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Haunted Home



We recently visited the paternal grandparents, whose house was elaborately decked-out for Halloween. Kaith and Trevor were very excited to see all of the "haunted decorations," as they called them. Then, for family night treat, Kaith chose to make haunted cupcakes with ghosts on them. Friday, I finally got out our little box of Halloween things, where I had stored the garland we bought last year. Today, in Language Arts, Kaith and I reread a poem called "Theme in Yellow," by Carl Sandberg. Then Kaith got to write his own poem:


Theme in White

I "boo" in the dark on Halloween.
I am called Ghosts.

I talk by magic, saying bats are coming to steal me.
I am called Paper.
I turn into dragons and scare the jets away.
I am called Clouds.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Nice poem Kaith!

So, should I be looking for things that are white? As in ghosts, paper and clouds...


Thanks for getting me to get my Halloween decorations out and up.

The Mothership said...

That's a cute garland. Kaden has been excited about getting out {meager} decorations out.

Ghost cupcakes are cute! I love that you do that with your kids. And Kaith's poem is awesome. So original.

m_perfect said...

Nice Poem Kaith! I like the pictures you put in my mind with it!

Shauna said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing :)